Another year has passed and a new year is ready to take its place. For me, 2012 was filled with huge accomplishments and incredible sadness. Leaving 2012 makes me feel a bit melancholy because I feel like leaving 2012 will officially close a chapter of my life. I will always cherish the memories of 2012 but I am looking forward to new opportunities, expanding my knowledge and just becoming overall better in every way. As a proper goodbye to 2012, I give you my personal Year in Review:
1. My mother passed away in July. I wrote a post about it here. It’s only been a little over five months. . .some days it seems longer and other days it seemed like it just happened. I know that I will always acutely feel her absence but I also thank her immensely for giving me life and teaching me such valuable lessons. I pray that she is finally at peace and resting easy.
2. I received my degree in August. I’ve had an associates degree for over a decade but was too
lazy busy to go the distance and get my bachelor’s degree. But I wanted to give myself more options and provide an example for my children, so after what seemed like a hundred years, I finally graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Communication degree. BEST. FEELING. EVER. Don’t tell anyone but I’ve been contemplating a master’s. . .
3. I quit my job in May. Yes, with the completion of a college degree looming around the corner, I quit my job. I was just too tired and too stressed to go any further. I needed to spend more time with my family and I didn’t want to waste another moment wondering if I could get my own business started. I also got tired of putting my creative endeavors on the back burner! So I took a leap of faith and I REGRET NOTHING!!
4. I celebrated 10 years of marriage in November. Ten years. With the same dude. This wonderful, amazing man who has fathered my two children and been a part of the best decade of my life. He is my best friend and it keeps getting better each year! I pray God continues to bless us with many more years together!
5. I started a website with two friends in August. We just got Love. Work. Repeat. off the ground in 2012 but there are big things on the horizon for 2013. I am so excited to be a part of what we hope becomes a movement in our community as we attempt to shine a light of positivity on marriage and family. We’d love for you to join us!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! What are you sad about leaving in 2012? What are you looking forward to in 2013?
Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. ~Hal Borland