So, yesterday I posted this picture of my workspace:
Anyway, this is the only available space in the house to make an “office”, so I headed out to get a few things to fix up the space. Mainly TRASH BAGS! My first task was to empty out the entire armoire:
Next I added some elements to brighten up the dark wood, save space and inspire me:
And after a few hours. . . .it actually looked like a real workspace! I have to make this work at least until we move or my stepdaughter goes off to college and I turn her room into an office . .whichever comes first! Wish me luck on keeping it organized!!
1. I added cork board tiles to the left side of the door, which now allows me to use push pins to hang notes and reminders.
2. Printer #1- this is our main printer for the desktop and the WiFi for the iPhones.
3. EXTRA SPACE! I actually still have two empty shelves! And that’s scrapbooking paper affixed with double-sided tape in the background!
4. Printer #2- My Epson is strictly for small on-demand stationery orders. There is storage under that little printer table that I scored from Kirkland’s for a ridic price!
5. All of my journals in one place!! YAY! I can’t even tell you how excited this makes me!
6. I added a Scotch 3M brand hook to the right side of the armoire to hang my clipboard.
7. My Macbook. I need to get something to raise it up a little higher but for now, I just move it in front of the desktop when I want to use it instead of the desktop, which is 75% of the time.
I’m sooo excited about my new space and I’m already feeling inspired to start creating! The absolute best thing about this workspace has to be this:
And I’m sure my family agrees! How do you think I did? Any tips you can offer to make the space more functional?